- Posted 01 June 2022
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
Completions Engineer (CE) is accountable for engineering activity covering planning, program preparation, and execution of completions operations within the wells team. He/she/they will also have accountability for operational support on new and existing wells. The completions engineer reports to the Completions Engineering Manager (Discipline Lead).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and executing completions designs with a strong commitment to HSSE.
- Ensure completions programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production, subsurface, and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for wells activities.
- Monitor all phases of the completions operations.
- Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, identification, and implementation of appropriate new technologies.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve completions operational performance.
- Implement best practices as identified in operational and engineering studies.
- Onsite support for key completions operations (beneficial/preferred but not required)
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the completions design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor completions engineers to ensure appropriate technical development. - Assure adequate third-party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Liaise with the various regulatory bodies and submit statutory reports.
- Communicate and incorporate lessons learned from incident reports.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.