- Posted 27 April 2023
- Salary £70 - £75 per hour + umbrella rate
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have a current opportunity for a Structural Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Surrey.
* STAAD Pro experience. *Euro code and ACI code (concrete) experience.
*ONSHORE O&G industrial experience (industrial buildings/structures, piperacks, concrete structures, RC foundations design).
On shore experience and the design of process plants.
Need to have Lead design and developed FEED/ Basic engineering for process plant foundations and piperack structures along with some exposure to building design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the Civil/Structural Manager with the Departments activities.
2. Be the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer on a Project.to manage the delivery of the civil and structural scope either by managing a team in house (UK or India), undertaking the work by self or executing using a local outsourcing design house.
3. When using an external Design House
a. Be able to develop the scope of work for local outsource design house.
b. Assess the suitability of the documentation to be issued to the local outsource designer for the detail design.
c. Be able to monitor the detail design work outsourced to local designer to given time frame and to review the designer house's work to meet the Project's requirements .
4. Involved in the execution strategies and upfront work for Basic Design to establish the design basis for the Civil and Structural scope. (Topological surveys, geotechnical investigations, drainage strategy, design basis statements, developing the construction estimates.)
5. Involvement with proposals for future work - estimating man hours, determine foundation types and quantities for construction costs
6. Provide guidance and oversight for 'design and build' contracts for site buildings (e.g. compressor houses, non process site built buildings.)
7. Develop the scope of work for the civil and structural construction Contract. Provide technical support during bidding process and site Construction.
8. Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.