We have a current opportunity for a Sr. Specialist GL Operation on a contract basis. The position will be based in Muscat. For further information about this position please apply.
- Degree in Accounting or any qualification such as ACCA or CIMA.
- 8+ years relevant and similar capacity in Oil and gas finance function including reporting, tax matters and treasury.
- Oil and Gas / Energy industry experience essential (downstream exposure).
- Working knowledge of IFRS standards.
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP Financial systems.
- Lead, plan and organize the implementation of an efficient and General Ledger (GL) end-to-end process / transactions a
- Acting as owner and single point of accountability for GL Operation through to record all transactions where transactional data is organized into assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses, and owner's equity in order to record the transactions over time, including changes to asset and liability accounts, equity, revenues, and expenses for trial balance purposes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point.
- GL Operation
- Fixed Asset
- Account Payable & Tax Account
- Treasury Operation
- Product Costing
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.