Orion is seeking a full-time Sr. Process Engineer to support long-term operations for a new LNG facility located in South Texas. The position will require work from Houston during early job phases before transitioning to site prior to commissioning and startup.
* The incumbent will report to the Sr. Manager of Process Engineering in the Operations Department, under the leadership of the Vice President of Operations and Director of Engineering.
* Peer level personnel across the engineering team will include the Sr. Process Control Systems Engineer, Sr. Reliability Engineer, Sr. Facilities Integrity Engineer, Sr. Rotating Machinery Engineer, Sr. Electrical Engineer, Laboratory Supervisor, MOC Coordinator, Equipment Warranty Engineer, and the Ready for Operations (RFO) Team.
* The Sr. Process Engineer will supervise and mentor a team of five (5) or more process engineers.
* Supervise and mentor the Process Engineering team to support day-to-day plant operations and optimize plant performance for maximum production and efficiency.
* Supervise, and quality check the development of equilibrium, non-equilibrium, and dynamic simulations and associated heat and material balances.
* Ensure Key Process Indicators (KPIs) for process unit operations are monitored, including fouling, freezing in process equipment, thermal efficiency, etc.
* Participate in PHA/HAZOP/LOPA and Safety Case study reviews.
* Define Safe Operating Envelopes (SOE) for process equipment and assist with identifying and managing Safety Critical Elements (SCEs).
* Conduct the process design effort for process optimization and improvements, plant debottlenecking, and expansion studies, including developing the process design basis and functional specifications. Participate in reviews of Process Design Scope of Work (SOW) documents, cost estimates, Approval for Expenditures (AFEs), consultant evaluations, bid development, and support for brownfield project construction tender documents.
* Coordinate with Quality and Document Control teams to maintain process procedures and other documents ISO 9001 compliant.
* Conduct and provide oversight for process related performance and equipment compliance tests.
* Provide process engineering support for intercompany teams, such as Operations, Maintenance, Process Control, Reliability, Quality, Process Safety Management (PSM), Management of Change (MOC), Document Control, and Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE), etc.
* Serve as Technical Authority (TA) for process engineering functions.
* Ensure compliance with process engineering work standards, procedures, and instructions.
* Assist with specification development and oversight for chemicals, refrigerants, catalysts, filters, and other process consumables.
* Maintain process engineering software proficiency and mentor direct reports. Provide quality oversight for simulation results.
* Supervise core process engineering personnel technical proficiencies. Identify and oversee associated training and development.
* Deliver on process related portions of the Operations Management System (OMS) obligations during the FEED and detailed engineering project phases.
* Assist with preparing and supervising the Process Engineering budget.
Minimum experience requirements:
* Technical professional with wide exposure to diverse technical environments
* Experience motivating technical staff with proven ability to guide, mentor, and inspire.
* Demonstrated experience with the Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APCI) Propane Precooled Mixed Refrigerant Process (C3MR)
* Substantial experience with acid gas removal systems, molecular sieve dehydration, mercury removal beds, hydrocarbon fractionation, and refrigerant systems.
* Significant experience with LNG facility storage and loading systems.
* Demonstrated troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
* Proven ability to solve longer term abstract and/or complex problems, with the ability to provide oversight and guidance to team members.
* Substantial background in developing steady state (equilibrium) process simulations and associated heat and material balances.
* Substantial experience with process equipment selection, sizing, and internals design
* Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
* Experience with Hazard Identification studies (HAZIDs), Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs), and Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOPs).
* Knowledge and experience with LNG facility applicable industry standards, regulatory codes, and recommended practices.
* Proven experience working with interfaces and working closely with Project and Operations teams during FEED, detailed design, construction, commissioning, startup, and post startup operations.
* Demonstrated experience with identifying critical success factors and risks.
* Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental guidelines and experience working within intercompany HSSE standards.
* Strong technical writing ability.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
* 10+ years of process engineering
* 5+ years in LNG plant design and/or operations
* Demonstrated proficiency with HYSYS and/or other equilibrium heat and material balance software
* APCI liquefaction facility design and operations experience
* Knowledge of applicable US-based LNG facility codes, standards, and regulations
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.