We have a current opportunity for a SPS Controls Engineering (Software) on a contract basis. The position will be based in Paris or Oslo.
Management and Engineering:
* Maintain a sound knowledge of Subsea production control system (SPCS) related Company Rules & Specifications and international standards; ensure that all applicable requirements are duly implemented and satisfied
* Ensure, throughout all the project that all engineering/testing/manufacturing/precommissioning and commissioning activities related to the subsea production control system software's, such as MCS or OWCR, developed by contractors, subcontractors or other parties comply with project's objectives/requirements, standard and Company rules.
* Ensure that all aspects having consequences on SPCS software's development, testing, or integration/installation are suitably addressed during the project by timely reviewing and validating the relevant documentation issued by contractors (technical documentation, queries, derogation requests), and raise subsequently comments, highlighting deviation, unacceptable or unjustified design choices.
* Ensure alignment with FPSO on ICSS interfacing details
* Ensure that the SPCS software's will ensure safe, environment friendly and cost-effective operations. Participate and contribute to relevant engineering reviews (HAZID, HAZOP …)
* Contribute actively to Quality Reviews, Projects Reviews and, whenever necessary present results to the team or to the partners Fabrication/testing/installation/precom/commissioning
* Supervise and control development activities (qualification and test programs if any, inspection, …).
* Supervise and control the Testing/ integration/installation/activities of the SPCS software's, define and organize commissioning activities and hand over to FPSO's operation teams. Contracts:
* Follow Contractors' performance in accordance with the contractual requirements in all areas related to Subsea production Control system
* Liaise with relevant HQ entities and request assistance when required
* Liaise actively with SPS SPCS system engineer and SPS SPCS hardware engineer and other bloc packages (SURF/FPSO/drilling…) to ensure adequacy and consistency of the overall subsea production system design
Reporting & Communication:
* Report regularly progress to direct management
* Issue progress reports and study reports
* Ensure confidentiality of all the documentation produced
* Engineer, or equivalent, with 10 years of experience deepwater SPCS , including experiences in project and execution phases
* Sound knowledge of control system, subsea operations and subsea production system disciplines
* Sound knowledge of coding.
* Sound knowledge of subsea production system Company's rules and international standards
* Fluent in English, skills in Portuguese language will be a plus
* Excellent communication skills, dynamism, autonomy, high motivation, "out-of-the-box" thinking, ability to convince, organized, enjoying team coordination, leadership and ability to put issues into perspective
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.