Solar QA/QC Manager
- Posted 21 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy
- Contact NameAllwyn Avalos
- Enforce Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policy in all his/her responsibilities and ensure that external third parties (EPC firms,
consultants.) operate in a manner acceptable to Total HSE standards
- Responsible for performing the day-to-day maintenance and implementation of the quality plan.
- Monitor/manage deficiencies to quality plan and work to completion.
- Perform quality report and oversee the documentation of QC.
- Ensure compliance with the quality plan.
- Manage all nonconformities, identify a resolution, and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Schedule, manage and attend meetings related with Quality issues.
- Distribute relevant QC documentation to site subcontractors.
- Identify the accuracy of subcontractor work.
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Jointly, with Construction and Procurement departments, review meetings of contractual specifications for all materials involved in the
- Conduct due diligence on potential acquisition solar sites and evaluate the quality of the operating assets.
- Work with owner's engineer to review design drawings and engineering deliverables from EPC contractors to prioritize critical areas for
further Engineering review.
- Ensure project quality control by conducting on-site inspections as needed, coordinating with 3rd party independent engineering.
- Manage the collection, organization and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third-party stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of internal operating policies, standards and procedures.
- Undergraduate Associates Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years professional experience in PV field QA/QC required.
- At least 10 years of construction QA/QC experience required.
- Require familiarity with photovoltaic solar design and technical standards as well as civil and structural technical knowledge.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, CPM scheduling, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, capable of leading efficiently and outperforming assigned objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensure timely action and
decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50%, on average.
- Energy storage knowledge a plus.
- US work permit.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.