Solar QA/QC Manager
- Posted 21 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy
- Contact NameAllwyn Avalos
We have a current opportunity for a Solar QA/QC Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Houston, TX. For more information about this position, don't hesitate, apply now!
- Enforce Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policy in all his/her responsibilities and ensure that external third parties (EPC firms,
consultants.) operate in a manner acceptable to Total HSE standards
- Responsible for performing the day-to-day maintenance and implementation of the quality plan.
- Monitor/manage deficiencies to quality plan and work to completion.
- Perform quality report and oversee the documentation of QC.
- Ensure compliance with the quality plan.
- Manage all nonconformities, identify a resolution, and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Schedule, manage and attend meetings related with Quality issues.
- Distribute relevant QC documentation to site subcontractors.
- Identify the accuracy of subcontractor work.
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Jointly, with Construction and Procurement departments, review meetings of contractual specifications for all materials involved in the
- Conduct due diligence on potential acquisition solar sites and evaluate the quality of the operating assets.
- Work with owner's engineer to review design drawings and engineering deliverables from EPC contractors to prioritize critical areas for
further Engineering review.
- Ensure project quality control by conducting on-site inspections as needed, coordinating with 3rd party independent engineering.
- Manage the collection, organization and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third-party stakeholders.
Assist with the development of internal operating policies, standards and procedures.
Skills / Requirements:
- At least 3 years of renewable energy experience is required.
- Background of Utility-scale Solar.
- Experience of working with 3rd party engineers.
- History of reviewing 30%, 60%, 90% drawings.
- Experience in solar (PV) project design or project management and technical development work.
- Experience working with subcontractors and vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and proven ability to learn new software programs
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, and naturally motivated to work hard and accomplish goals
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.