We have a current opportunity for a Site Operation Technician Supervisor on a contract basis. The position will be based in Newark. For further information about this position please apply.
Day to day tasks. These will be mostly offshore. However, onshore works can be expected, especially between projects.
Tasks include, not limited to:
- Responsible for the Site Technicians. Rota, timesheets etc.
- Overall daily planning of tasks and RAMS for the Site Technicians.
Assist Site Technicians BOP/OSS as required with daily tasks (subject to Site Technicians role description) e.g.:
- Managing the maintenance of the OSS- crane, davit lifting systems and manual hoists.
- Any extra tasks given to the Site Techs by the projects.
- Maintain list of project defects for rectification..
- Walk-downs and inspections (as directed by Offshore Site Manager).
- Assisting SAP's with fitting of locks and chains during commissioning.
- Servicing, repair, re-fuelling and removal of foundation generators.
- General maintenance and inspections of mechanical OSS systems (not electrical during construction) including Helideck (Aviation/Temporary Navigation) if applicable.
- Planning of davit crane operations
- Liaise with the union leader regarding work scope for the union workers
- US resident
- GWO courses: Sea Survival, Working at Heights, First Aid, Fire Awareness, Manual Handling.
- BOSIET/HUET incl. CA-EBS (can be taken in UK while on familiarisation trip, after start date)
- OGUK Medical certificate incl. Chester Step
- Experience in leading/managing a crew
- Experience with crane lifting (valid certificate not required)
- Experience as a Slinger & Banksman (valid certificate not required)
- Five years of relevant experience
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.