Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Shutdown Planner, based in Aberdeen.
* Preparing detailed Shutdown plans (i.e., Full Field Shutdowns and other planned production outages) and maintaining the resulting baseline.
* Construction and Maintenance of Basis of Schedule for Shutdown plans
* Early identification of schedule risk and collaboration with Activity Owners to mitigate identified risks.
* Ensuring work packs / scopes of work and materials are suitably challenged and accurately captured in the shutdown plan.
* Measuring planning performance to relevant metrics and indicators required by the Shutdown Process and IAPS during all phases of the Shutdown Process but particularly during execution.
Identifying improvements to the shutdown and planning process.
* Compliance with Integrated Activity Planning and Scheduling (IAPS) Process.
* Preparation of shutdown plans, incorporating 3rd Party data, ensuring plans are baselined appropriately and deliverables are optimised for production efficiency including SIMOPs identification and mitigation.
* Preparation of Shutdown planning data in support of annual Business Plan cycle
* Co-ordinating with Plan Stakeholders, e.g., Materials, Aviation, Marine, to identify support requirements for optimised execution of associated work scopes
* Ensuring the impact of scope addition or growth is incorporated, understood, communicated and recorded.
* Ensuring plan deviations (unplanned/urgent activity requests) are resolved with Planning Stakeholders.
* Provision of schedule/planning data to support decision making within the shutdown team, providing lookback information and 'actual' data to support lessons learned and improved plan attainment, including benchmarking data.
* Occasional support/cover for other planning roles and mentoring as instructed
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Proficient in use of Primavera in Shutdowns, including Industrial Maintenance and/or Operational Planning experience,
* Practitioner awareness of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
* Verified experience in planning compliance to a structured Shutdown Process,
* Proven competency in industrial equipment and machinery maintenance with project management systems in hydrocarbon or similar process industry
* Detailed execution progress reporting, by discipline, during Shutdown delivery
* Proactive, with process driven attitude and mind-set
* Ability to collaborate effectively in attainment of goals set
* Able to communicate effectively, applying suitable influencing, negotiating and networking skills.
* Identifies continuous improvement and supporting scope to make it happen
* Achieves agreed goals, understands the value of SMART objectives
* Ability to facilitate planning review with multiple attendees, to achieve alignment
* Ability to explain planning preparation and assurance processes
* Strong skills in analysing priorities and plan conflicts.
* Appropriate Technical Education or Engineering Degree
* Broad oil and gas background with significant operational and engineering experience. Overall understanding of entire value chain including projects, subsurface, HSE, logistics, procurement, design/construction, operation, maintenance/inspection
* Awareness of the company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of the company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063714.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.