Shift Operations Instrument Technician
- Posted 03 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationBarrow-in-Furness District
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
We have a current opportunity for a Shift Operations Instrument Technician on a permanent basis, based in Barrow at our clients Gas Production and Storage facility.
As an Instrument Technician you will undertake routine and non-routine engineering maintenance and defect/responsive breakdown repair tasks that ensure the reliability and scheduled availability of operational plant and equipment associated with gas production/processing and condensate storage facilities.
- Responsible for complex technical problem solving across Gas Production and Condensate Storage Facilities with a Capital Plant value in excess of £550 million
- Regularly oversee on-the-job training of trainees
- Act as Performing Authority within the Centrica Safe Systems of Work Procedures.
- Supervise small teams of vendors.
A BTEC Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Experience of the maintenance of high pressure process plant and equipment
- The job holder must have sufficient knowledge of procedures and be able to relate them to the work activities to ensure a safe approach and that appropriate permitry/controls are requested and in place.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.