The Sand Control Engineer plays a pivotal role in designing and executing diverse sand control solutions with safety and efficiency as the core focus. Responsibilities include selecting sand face completion concepts, designing sand control based on reservoir data, cased hole and openhole gravel pack design, leading pumping operations, and conducting post-job analysis. This role offers a unique opportunity for technical growth, collaboration within an experienced team, and contributing to global well delivery. The WTE Sand Control team is involved in projects worldwide, with opportunities for team members to travel to various locations. In 2023, the team is expected to execute more than 25 gravel packs and frac packs, with plans to exceed 50 in 2024. Additionally, the team participates in production lookbacks and workshops to address sand control challenges and support remediation opportunities. Travel, both domestically and internationally, may be required, including visits to offshore rigs for consultation and supervision during job execution.
- 15 years of experience in projects related to fracturing or sand control.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar field from an accredited university.
- Profound knowledge of sand control techniques, including cased hole and open hole technologies.
- Experience in hydraulic fracturing design or operations in tight reservoirs.
- Ability to understand and fulfill customer needs and value drivers.
- Familiarity with StimPlan and PackPro (preferred but not required).
- Mentorship and coaching skills for junior staff, both technically and non-technically.
- Competence in completion design, well control equipment specification, and execution of well control operations.
- Understanding of surface hydraulic pumping equipment and well control equipment.
- Skill in integrating lessons learned from different regions and projects.
- Knowledge of HSSE management techniques and commitment to HSSE performance.
- Ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capability to interact with third-party service providers, including technology development, project execution, and contracting and procurement activities.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.