We have a current opportunity for a Senior Vessel Accountant on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Zoetermeer. For further information about this position please apply.
The Senior Vessel Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate provision of all financial information including forecasts and budgets for the vessels assigned to them.
What you will be doing
The role will provide daily support to the Vessel Superintendents in relation to vessel finances. This is a diverse and exciting role which will provide the experienced candidate with ongoing experience and exposure to vessel accounting.
- Preparation of detailed monthly management accounts for vessels assigned.
- Preparation of monthly analytical review for assigned vessels, including but not limited to:
- Variance analysis for vessels assigned to them;
- Identify and highlight areas of concern where costs are not as expected to Vessel Superintendents and Fleet Accountants;
- Upload and review forecast results;
- Identify and report sensitivities to Fleet Accountants;
- Preparation of Annual Budgets and input to 5 Year Plan.
- Assist in the preparation of the forecast vessel utilisation for monthly reporting and budgets.
- Capex reporting for vessel related capex and dockings.
- Cash flow analysis for the vessels assigned to them.
- Ad hoc tasks relating to their vessels.
What you will bring to the team
It's the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- Degree level education or qualified by experience in similar role.
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Enhanced communication skills, both verbal and written, accustomed to report writing.
- Builds and maintains positive business relationships at all levels of the business and with third party providers (e.g. Auditors).
- Collaborative team worker who also demonstrates initiative and ownership.
- Pro-active and solutions-based, questions and will challenge the status quo.
- Excellent analytical skills, and an ability to work with detail and high accuracy.
We are looking for candidates currently living in The Netherlands.
If you are interested in this role please apply immediately. For more information please contact Sharina Tedjafirstname.lastname@example.org|06-12220369
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.