Senior Treasury Accountant
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Treasury Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
Provide technical financial accounting advice and guidance for Treasury transactions.
▪ Ensure all treasury and corporate transactions are accounted for correctly and maintain reconciliation of SETL and SEL balance sheet accounts.
▪ Administer the Company's inter-company loan balances, setting appropriate interest rates, preparing monthly interest statements & settlement of trading balances;
▪ Prepare and review monthly Inter-Company loan matrix to ensure all financing trades are correctly recorded in the TMS and ultimately in accounting ledgers.
▪ Prepare monthly reconciliations of the contribution of Treasury transactions to the SETL financial statements (including but not limited to Interest paid, Interest received, Realised FX and Unrealised FX).
▪ Prepare consolidation reports for Centrica, as well as other shareholder reporting when required.
▪ Prepare internal and external reporting in respect of Treasury operations for statutory accounts and other regulatory reporting.
▪ Liaise with external auditors during the half-year review, year-end audit and the statutory accounts audit.
▪ Drive and monitor foreign exchange risk management efficiently and in line with the company's policy through ensuring FX cash flows meet hedging policy requirements.
▪ Prepare the project FX tracker, lead monthly project hedging meetings and assist the business in preparing hedge requests.
▪ Arrange associated accounting entries on all FX deals ensuring they are applied to the correct profit centre and valued correctly.
▪ Administer and review all IAS39 bookings.
▪ Prepare and review the Group's FX hedging reports and schedules ensuring all FX transactions are being implemented correctly.
▪ Assist with maintenance of TMS.
▪ Facilitate treasury payments on the online banking systems when required.
▪ Ad-hoc analysis and project work as necessary to assist the Corporate Treasury and
▪ Support the Corporate Treasury and Financing Manager by providing robust, consistent and timely reporting & analysis to support the business to drive improvements in financial performance.
▪ Act as part of the first line of defence in the identification and management of risks Working with People / Leadership
▪ Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with the company's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role.
▪ Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and is able to influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels.
▪ Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely.
▪ Is familiar with and adheres to the company's people policies and procedures Performance Management &
▪ Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures.
▪ Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the company's culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected.
▪ Provides clear, honest and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development.
▪ Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills and behaviours.
▪ Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this
from their approach to their work and colleagues.
▪ Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I in their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed.
▪ Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and understands the company's ED&I policies.
Experience & Qualifications:
▪ Embeds the company's Values and associated behaviours into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing associated competencies and behaviours.
▪ Great communication skills that informs/shares knowledge clearly and unambiguously and also implements and embeds change. Builds rapport and is able to influence in a constructive way / skilled at influencing decision makers on complex topics.
▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required.
▪ Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others. Leads other parties in conversations on the important issues and use persuasive contributions to influence change and action.
▪ Able to contextualise and assess the impact of accounting standards for statutory and management reporting requirements.
▪ Understands the business strategy, the performance levers and the E&P value chain.
▪ Demonstrates the ability to summarise, process and communicate information and creates insights.
▪ Has solid system skills, e.g., SAP, BPC and/or other relevant tools and is a competent user of standard software and applications (Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools, modelling tools).
▪ Strong controls & data integrity focus
▪ Relevant university degree
▪ Relevant accountancy qualification
▪ Good relevant experience in treasury role
▪ Good systems (SAP/ERP/BPC) skills essential, experience with Treasury Management System an advantage
▪ Good skills in Excel
▪ Familiarity with online banking platforms required
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064525.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.