Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Technical Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Act as a Technical Authority for MAH Management
* Conduct and review Operational Risk Assessments
* Champion a culture of Process Safety excellence at the Company
* Support the business in Process Safety Management initiatives.
* Demonstrate ALARP for projects throughout lifecycle and challenge decisions where necessary.
* Management of operational Safety Cases in line with legislative requirements, conducting Thorough Reviews in line with SCR 2015 requirements and current best practice, and applying this philosophy to all of the company's International Operations
* Technical safety overview of modifications projects etc. (e.g. review of project generated safety studies)
* Co-ordination of and participation in technical safety risk assessment activities (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP,
* Project management of activities undertaken by 3rd party Consultants
* Provision of technical safety and risk management support and advice to operational and project personnel
* Collaborate with other disciplines on SECE Performance Standard verification.
* Support incident investigations for process safety related events
* Develop and deliver Major Accident Hazard Awareness and process safety programmes.
* Liaison with regulatory authorities and other relevant external bodies
* Conduct support visits to the company's Operational Locations
* Keep up to date with scientific and legislative developments (e.g. through Participation in Industry working groups) and integrate new technology and best practice into the thorough Review Process and the company's SHEMS framework.
Experience & Qualifications:
* An engineering degree plus a formal technical safety / risk management qualification - e.g., MSc in Safety & Reliability Engineering
* Chartered or working thorough.
* Chartership via an Engineering Council professional body e.g., SaRS/SEE, IChemE, IMechE
* NEBOSH PSM qualification her Skills as appropriate (e.g., Specific business skills)
* The successful candidate should understand the various phenomenological models - e.g. Dispersion; Explosion overpressure; Heat radiation, etc.
* They should have an excellent working knowledge of PSM, QRA, FERA, EERA, Passive and Active Fire Protection, and Human Factors.
* Experience in HAZID, HAZOP, SIMOPS, SIL Assessment, Bow-Tie, ALARP demonstration, etc.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068932.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.