Duties and Responsibilities
* Act as the "Corporate Advisor" for strategic performance management related issues, providing relevant insight and direction to the CEO, other members of corporate management, and the Corporate Planning organization.
* Advise courses of action to ensure effective corporate progress against our strategic plan, identifying early warning signs and possible areas for adjustment.
* Provide advice and guidance on the development of the company's strategic performance management framework and measurement system; leading the development, deployment and management of an integrated system, which ensures consistent progress toward our strategic intent.
* Collaborate with various business lines and Corporate Planning departments to confirm and validate strategic performance management objectives, tracking methods, measures, reporting and course corrections as required.
* Ensure effective execution of all strategic performance management processes, as well as decisions by corporate leadership.
* Develop and cultivate key matrix relationships to advance strategic performance initiatives to ensure the company is actively, effectively and dynamically managing to achieve our strategies.
* Prepare for, facilitate, and follow through on Strategy and Initiative Portfolio Review meetings, including the Annual Strategy Refresh.
* Has primary ownership of, and champions, the Strategic Performance Management Calendar.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of key developments in the strategic performance management space and other arenas that could impact the company's competitive performance.
* Benchmark the company's strategic performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant energy companies in the region and around the world.
* Represent the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars, prepare and deliver presentations on subjects related to strategic performance management.
* Provide coaching and mentorship to junior staff.
* Must have 1extensive and relevant, progressive performance management experience in a global energy think tank, international consulting firm, or integrated energy and chemicals company, of which at least five years must have been involved with strategic or corporate planning.
* Must have exceptional analytical abilities.
* Must have the proven ability and courage to effectively challenge conventional thinking, and influence others to do the same.
* Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
* Must be a master of Enterprise Performance Management practices and processes, and be comfortable leading and facilitating the implementation of new practices.
* Must have a deep understanding of the latest oil and gas, chemicals and energy industry trends, developments, strategies and technologies.
* Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
* Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
* Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multinational junior staff.