Senior / Lead Riser Engineering
- Posted 26 January 2023
- Salary £70000 - £80000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameRob Wilson
Senior / Lead Riser Engineer
London or Paris - Hybrid
Great opportunity to work for a global Energy consultancy/EPC Company who are active within the Energy industry and has a big focus on new energies/low carbon projects and the energy transition. The Company has grown over time to make it a significant participant in all the major offshore energy theatres, including the rapidly growing offshore wind markets.
* Manage the riser design scope package, including but not limited to SCR, SLWR, SHR design package.
* Coordinate a team of engineers (typically from 2 to 10) to meet the required project constraints on required engineering works, optimisation, workload, schedule etc.
* Identity the required project interfaces and agree on a schedule and resource plan with discipline managers and the project engineering manager.
* Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, and engineering meetings organised by other disciplines.
* Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
* Bachelor's in Mechanical / Structural / Civil / Hydrodynamic engineering or equivalent, a Master's degree or PhD preferred.
* A strong knowledge of riser design.
* Relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, with a preference in EPCI contractor or consultant predominantly performing in place/installation analyses of riser systems (rigid, flexible, or umbilical).
* Experience in leading small engineering teams.
* Proficient in FEA modelling and you know well OrcaFlex software.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.