- Posted 05 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior SHE Advisor - ESG & Climate Policy Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Providing climate policy implementation advice to management team.
* Ensuring SHE Department is aware of company's climate policy reporting and data management
* requirements, and has necessary systems and tools to meet them.
* Ensuring SHE/SG data required for company's and Corporate Reporting is gathered and analysed within the required timeframes;
* Working with other business functions and operations to coordinate the collation of accurate SHE/SG
* Data, identify and support the closure of any data gaps.
* Analysing SHE/SG data to identify common issues and drive performance improvement.
* Oversight and assurance of SHE data for internal, external and regulatory reporting.
* Supporting the development of the SHE Management System policies and procedures.
* Develop, implement and maintain SHE/SG data management and reporting processes to meet legal and company's reporting requirements.
* Provide data and guidance to Operational and Functional TLs and Advisors in regard to their areas of responsibility, allowing them to effectively understand data, and the actions required.
* Provide internal assurance and oversight of GHG/emissions data management process, and lead GHG Verification process.
* Produce SHE/SG reports in line with the Company and regulatory reporting schedule.
* Co-ordinate preparation for company's Annual SHE Review, and Annual EMS Reporting processes.
* Co-ordinate preparation of corporate reports e.g., Stewardship and Stakeholder Reports.
* Act as Focal point representing the Company on industry forums and networks, providing specialist input advice on specific topics and agreed with Line Manager and update the business as accordingly.
* Lead and support audits and monitoring activities, as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Excellent team player but able to work as an individual.
* Strong listening and communication skills.
* Ability to engage at all levels in the organisation demonstrating collaboration and engagement skills.
* Demonstrates integrity in all aspects of the job.
* Ability to draw out the right answer which attracts the right outcome.
* Promote a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion in line with company's EDI strategy: commit to learning about
* developing inclusive cultures and eliminating blockers to diversity in the working environment.
* Ability to record SHE/SG data and with a high level
* of accuracy.
* Experience of business-critical tools, such as emissions tracking databases and processes, Incident reporting and tracking tools, etc.
* Background in Health & Safety support to offshore energy industry (operators, service companies and consultancies
* Good understanding of the offshore oil & gas regulatory regime.
* Good understanding of SHE management systems.
* Incident investigation skills.
* Experience of Root Cause analysis tool.
* Experience of participation in Emergency Response team
* Lead by example and live by the company's Core Values, Mission Statement and Culture.
* Drive, energy and enthusiasm with a positive, solutions-based approach.
* Ability to identify and implement improvements.
* Formal Environmental or HSE Qualification, or the equivalent vocational training and relevant industry experience.
* Member of appropriate professional organisation.
Open to considering candidates at Advisory or Senior Advisory level.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference:
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.