- Posted 20 April 2022
- LocationMount Vernon
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
Senior Scientist - High Heat Resins Technology
Lead Technology Programs to create and commercialize technology solutions in high heat resins such as ULTEM and EXTEM, which align with industry needs, and drive the growth of the High Heat Business. Develop new processes and improve existing processes to design new polymer molecules, blends, and resins to access new spaces. Oversee products moving from laboratory to manufacturing floor, ensuring consistent performance of the product. Actively collaborate with the business team and internal Technology & Innovation resources to deliver project milestones in a project-based organization. Responsible for technical aspects related to polyetherimide and polyimide technologies, including IP and competitive landscaping, technical interactions with customers and external partners.
How You Can Be the Impact
- Identifies new business opportunities and growth areas together with cross-functional teams based on market needs and technology trends, translating the needs into technical programs to meet business objectives.
- Project ownership & leadership from start to finish. Execute projects by closely collaborating and communicating with T&I teams, cross-functional teams, internal stakeholders and external partners with effective resource management.
- Provides technical leadership to continuous improvements in processes that support existing products as well as the design and commercialization of new products
- Develop and maintain competitive and patent landscapes for Specialty Compounding products and technologies, develop and maintain IP protection
- Ensure activities are compliant with safety, regulatory and intellectual property requirements
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.