- Posted 25 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Reservoir Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Reservoir Engineer within the NOV Assets multi-disciplinary subsurface teams.
* Deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource additions through subsurface characterisation, reservoir geological modelling and opportunity generation & maturation.
* Support well planning & delivery programmes
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures
* Responsible for all aspects of reservoir engineering, using predictive flow simulation models that incorporate geoscience, engineering and fluid property data.
* Identify, mature and deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource growth.
* Independently define and complete reservoir engineering work programmes in support of business strategy and integrating results effectively with other subsurface disciplines.
* Maintain production forecasts in support of mid to long term business plans
* Communicate results and influence stakeholders appropriately to drive effective business decisions.
* Mentoring junior staff.
* Interface and leverage technical expertise within the wider G&RE organisation, influencing subsurface team priorities and work programmes.
* Generation of production forecasts to support key business decisions.
* Construction of simulation and nodal analysis models.
* Maintenance (and history matching) of full field, material balance and sector simulation models.
* Analysis of reservoir engineering data e.g. pressure transient, fluid and production data.
* Evaluation of production enhancement and new well opportunities.
* Well planning and operational support.
* Reserves assessments.
* Monitoring and assisting with specialists and contractors to manage reservoir engineering projects.
* Reservoir engineering aspects of internal/external business approvals (Internal/Partners/OGA etc.).
* Sharing knowledge.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Fully developed technical skill set
* Expertise in delivering complex reservoir engineering projects incorporating uncertainty.
* Expert in several anchor skills. Thoroughly understands technology and how it supports the business.
* Expertise in different aspects of reservoir engineering e.g., field development, simulation, material balance, pressure transient analysis, fluid properties, decline curve analysis, reserve evaluations.
* Identifies, develops, executes and evaluates business opportunities
* The ability to work influentially in a multi-disciplinary team
* Sound working knowledge of industry software packages
* MSc in reservoir engineering or a related subject.
* Accountable and proactive
* Consistent independent, effective and efficient problem solving
* Ability to foster new idea generation in functional area within the company
* Ability to prioritise workload and deliver results
* Good communication skills
* Mentoring skills
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063060.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.