- Posted 01 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCatriona Cooper
▪ Take a lead subsurface role in Spirit Energy's East Irish Sea carbon storage project team, delivering reservoir engineering and technical support to the business While this job description reflects the role at grade G, it's expected that this role may also be performed at Grade F, depending on the individual's skills, experience (breadth and depth) and ongoing development.
Role Deliverables and Responsibilities
▪ Assess the carbon storage capacity of depleted gas reservoirs ▪ Undertake carbon storage reservoir simulation studies. ▪ Evaluate reservoir fluid dynamics and impact on flow assurance in a carbon storage site ▪ Assess CO2 injection well performance and evaluate carbon storage development concepts and scenarios ▪ Provide subsurface and technical input to a mixed discipline technical team including Wells and Facilities Engineering ▪ Project management of outsourced subsurface studies. ▪ Prepare and present subsurface material internally and to regulators / authorities ▪ Work closely within other subsurface disciplines, and communicate effectively with Technical Authorities, Assets and other appropriate business areas. ▪ Share knowledge within the SE organization and mentor / coach within the team. ▪ Follow and support safety and environmental policies, guidelines, procedures and an incident free workplace.
Working with People /Leadership
▪ Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with Spirit's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role. ▪ Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and is able to influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels. ▪ Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely. ▪ Is familiar with and adheres to Spirit Energy's people policies and procedures.
Performance Management & Development
▪ Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures. ▪ Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the Spirit Energy culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected. ▪ Provides clear, honest and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development. ▪ Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills and behaviours.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
▪ Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this from their approach to their work and colleagues. ▪ Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I in their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed. ▪ Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and has an understanding of Spirit's ED&I policies.
▪ Embeds Spirit Energy's Values and associated behaviours into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing associated competencies and behaviours. ▪ Great communication skills that informs/shares knowledge clearly and unambiguously and also implements and embeds change. Builds rapport and is able to influence in a constructive way / skilled at influencing decision makers on complex topics. ▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required. ▪ Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others. Leads other parties in conversations on the important issues and use persuasive contributions to influence change and action.
Key Technical Skills
▪ Strong understanding of fluid dynamic behavior and reservoir drive mechanisms. ▪ User of Petrel-RE, Eclipse, PETEX suite and experience with Intersect and other simulators an advantage. ▪ Good awareness of legislation, licensing and fiscal issues relevant to oil & gas and carbon storage activities. ▪ Good commercial awareness with an understanding of project financing and cost control. ▪ Proven ability to undertake complex tasks requiring the application of welldeveloped technical skills and knowledge with limited supervision. ▪ Track record of subsurface creativity, identifying growth opportunities and value adding activities ▪ Self-starter, highly motivated and well organized. ▪ Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
▪ Educated to degree level, ideally with an MSc in a relevant discipline.
▪ Experience of working on Carbon Storage projects and reservoir simulation of Co2 is preferable ▪ Broad subsurface knowledge of the UKCS, ideally with previous experience of depleted gas fields. ▪ Experience of working in an E&P operator and as part of joint venture groups. ▪ Experience of working within a challenging and diverse asset management environment. ▪ Experience in Carbon Capture and Storage advantageous but not necessary.
Mandatory Training required
▪ All Spirit Energy mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.
Please refer the Job Description and Person Specification on Pipeline for Job Details and Job Dimensions.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.