- Posted 01 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group are sourcing a Senior Quality Systems Specialist on behalf of our Multinational Pharmaceutical Client on an initial 6-month contract located in Cork.
This position within the QA department will provide Quality oversight, support and knowledge to activities relating to Quality Systems across the site and will be accountable for the Quality Systems within the site. This role requires the delivery of a robust Quality Management System to support a flexible, collaborative, multi-skilled teamwork environment. The Quality Specialist will have proven capability in development of Quality Systems as an active member, across cross functional teams, to deliver process improvement.
- Provides to the site knowledge and experience in Quality Systems.
- Uses knowledge to improve Quality Systems, solve problems, provide continuous improvement, and execute tasks.
- Provides compliance contribution to project teams and leads small projects.
- Coaches and guides colleagues within the site.
- Understands and applies regulatory / compliance requirements to their role together with remaining current on upcoming regulatory and compliance changes.
- Responds to non-standard requests from customer needs.
- Makes decisions within guidelines and policies which impact own priorities and allocation of time to meet deadlines.
- Supports Corporate Quality to ensure actions related to Quality Systems at the site are executed.
- Participation in inspections of Site by Divisional / Regulatory Bodies / third parties together with follow up actions where applicable.
- Participation in and leading internal inspections.
- Participate in GMP Walkthroughs.
- Manage supplier agreements and supply maps.
- Deviation Management & Change Control approval.
- Ensures supply of high-quality product through the implementation and oversight of the Quality Management System for the site.
- Champion the highest Quality and Compliance standards for the site.
- Ensure highest safety standards.
- Additional activities as requested by QA Lead.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or 3rd level qualification in a relevant field such as Science or Quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation.
- 5 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes experience in a Quality function.
- Quality Assurance SME knowledge, from both operational and educational experience, is required.
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting current regulatory requirements and providing independent support to the site.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and fully realize improvement initiatives with a moderate level of guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work and succeed within teams as well as leading small project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the completion of tasks.
- Proven track record of providing independent Quality support to the site.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, auditors, cross functional teams by demonstrating the ability to maintain and strengthen trust relationships with people on all levels.
- Demonstrated coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Proven decision-making capability with full accountability and responsibility.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.