I am seeking a Senior QS to work on a regional Civils Framework, based out of either Glasgow or Inverness, with frequent travel throughout Scotland.
Your key activities will include:
* Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Full understand, participate in and encourage others in the "Beyond Zero" declared vision.
* Maintain effective communication with contract managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
* Assist in staff matters which may include: attitude and behavioural issues, competency, retainment and staff allocation to meet a project's need.
* Manage, supervise, mentor and train your "reports" within the commercial structure.
* Carry out staff performance and development reviews and assist in the operation of the commercial training programme.
* Provide and control strategy of commercial contacts with client's representatives.
* Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
* Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate.
* Monitor the timely production of reliable cost performance data.
* Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports.
* Initiate discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
* Understand and ensure compliance with Company Procedures. Provide input into drafting new or to improve existing Procedures.
* Be responsible for change management including ensuring adherence to the programme 'established approach'.
* Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
* Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
* Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
* Produce the financial assessment of insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
* Manage time and workloads for yourself and your commercial team in a structured manner.
* Assist in the defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
* Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
* To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
* Successful experience at Quantity Surveyor level.
* Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law and contractual terms in all standard contract forms.
If you are interested in this role please contact email@example.com