Senior Project Quality Engineer
Our client's looking for a Senior Engineer to support projects with Project Quality activities, including PQP, ITT Packages and Technical Bid Evaluations in Basingstoke, UK.
A Project Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
This position has been determined as inside IR35 and therefor is offered on a PAYE only basis. This is a 6 to 12-month renewable contract ideally starting in February 2023.
Main functions include:
* Quality engineers are responsible for monitoring the quality of engineering deliverables and developing standards and processes for maintaining or improving quality.
* Act as part of the Project Quality team across projects, potentially acting as the Project Discipline Leader on individual project.
* Plan and perform the assessment of the QMS in order to verify compliance with quality standards.
* Align with the technical engineering department approval recommendation.
* Responsible for the continuous evaluation of the performance of suppliers by collecting and analysing data on the ERP System
* Qualify, coordinate, direct and monitor the quality control, quality monitoring and quality assurance services provided by contract Inspection Agencies, contractors and their employees and identify potential new service providers.
* Perform review of new or revised standards relating to project deliverables
* Develop and implement Quality and administrative procedures.
* Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge include:
* Relevant degree.
* Previous working experience on oil and gas / energy design projects.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team to produce high quality deliverable on schedule.
* Trained auditor for IS09001 (also IS014001/45001 preferable), able to perform project quality audits and support the team if required on company audits.
* Experienced in CCS projects (preferred).
* Experience in decommissioning projects (preferred).
* Experience in procurement phase of projects.
* Microsoft office proficient.
* HSE knowledge and experience desirable.
* Software Used - Microsoft Office
Kindly reach out for further information about this position if qualities are met.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.