Senior Project Manager (Construction)
- Posted 23 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameMonika Gajda
Our Client, an award winning renewable energy specialist in the solar, hydro and wind power solutions currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join their team based in Stirling.
The successful candidate will act as a Senior Project Manager for the Hydro Team, with specific responsibility to lead on all aspects of construction projects.
The post holder will proactively source and deliver work for the engineering team with a particular focus on maximising work from new build schemes/projects. They will provide a Project Management role as necessary for the delivery of the installation of hydropower schemes and for ongoing maintenance of new and existing projects. This role may also be required to deliver construction projects cross company and for other technologies, such as ground mount solar schemes.
- To manage the complete project(s) according to agreed plan, budget and contractual obligations, including initial kick off meeting through to project review upon completion (including CDM regulations).
- To maintain a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project(s) as well as ensuring that any project variance is documented and communicated (including NEC3 and NEC4 contracts or similar).
- To own and be accountable for delivery of project net profit (including time and utilisation), ensuring projects deliver positive results and value for money
- To proactively manage costs ensuring projects are delivered with commercial focus and within the scope of approved financial parameters and delegated authority.
- To ensure that the project(s) are organised according to company policy, procedure and practice, complying fully with document management systems and HSQE requirements.
- Ensure that the Company Health, Safety, Quality and Environment Policies are implemented and applied across the engineering function
- Lead on developing, and managing adherence to, design processes and standards
- Drive continuous improvement in HSQE
Finance, Monitoring and Reporting:
- Contribute to departmental strategy, budget and operating plan for the engineering function
- To work with the rest of the engineering team to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services, scope and budget
- Support on engineering design, including resolving design issues to support the team
- Support on developing and implementing design processes, review and sign off of design work
- Manage and report on controllable risks within the team
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant engineering bodies, universities and other research institutions
Sales & Business Development:
- Fully understand and be able to sell the company products & services: identify and develop opportunities; assist with development of tools & system processes; assist with preparation of departmental budgets & plans; assist with recruitment
- Prepare and submit bespoke quotations as required
- Actively manage the Hydro key account/s to maximise revenue opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering Degree, or equivalent qualification or experience, chartered status would be preferred
- Extensive renewable energy experience
- Experienced time and workload manager
- Experience of management of costs, quality and time with budgets in excess of £250k
- Experience of supervising project and team activities in a competitive environment
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement in a team environment
- Experience in an equivalent leadership role
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Experience in assessing and resolving differing points of view to promote consensus
- Ability to understand complex situations/issues and solve problems
- Decision-making ability and a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent IT skills: high level Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Databases and CAD drawing packages
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness and availability to travel and spend time away from home as necessary
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.