Senior Project Financial Accountant
Our client is a global leader in the energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. They deliver over 1000 projects in all water depths across their energy hubs.
They are looking for a Senior Project Financial Accountant to join them in Sutton, South London. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a high visibility role and have sole accounting responsibility for a large long-term construction project.
Ideally, the qualified candidate will have experience of Project Accounting in the Oil & Gas, Construction or similar industries.
The individual will be comfortable working under their own initiative, but also be able to respond to tight deadlines and deliverables as and when requested by Management.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
* Accurate monthly SAP close out and Latest Thinking Forecast (LTF)
* Project cash flow reporting
* Project Balance Sheet management - focus on Aged Receivables, Accruals, Unearned and Unbilled accounts
* Monthly & Quarterly variance analysis on project forecast, actuals, cashflow and balance sheet. Emphasis on understanding the numbers and telling the story.
* Reporting of monthly Backlog, % Completion, Allowances and Contingency
* Maintenance, and improvement to where required, of Project Finance control environment
* Ownership of all finance, tax and treasury issues arising from the Project
* Ensure in-country compliance obligations with regards to WHT,PIT etc are met in a timely manner by working in collaboration with other Business Units/functions
* Review of statutory entities under GPC management responsibility to ensure accurate reporting of Project data
* Liaison with local accountants towards keeping a WHT certificate file including full reconciliation
* Assist on other Tax matters including Tax filings
* Other adhoc activities and deliverables as required
* Operate within the Code of Conduct
* Operate according to sound Financial Management Principles
* Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function
* At least CIMA, ACCA Qualified or equivalent
* Good communication skills
* Financial and Management Accounting experience
* High excel and systems skills
* leader with a progressive approach.
For a full job description and more information please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.