911269 - Senior Project Engineer
Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 30 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Oil and Gas / Rail and wider Engineering Industries.
Today Orion Group manages the placement of thousands of contractors every year via our worldwide network of 57 offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
- Ensure the following are built into the FEED contracts: consistency, integration, flexibility and robustness of the FEEDs with possible outcomes of subsurface and/or project schedule realisations
- Communication to all stakeholders including preparation of reports as required
- Appropriate use of codes and standards to ensure fit for purpose development
- Co-ordinate interfaces between the concept selection contractor and our client discipline specialists to ensure integrated delivery
- Responsible for all surface facilities interfaces including consultants/contractors and our client internal departments. Ensure that any gaps are highlighted and subsequently bridged effectively
- Ensures "end to end" system integrity through effective management of the interfaces.
- Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned from other projects are captured.
- Ensures development analogue documents are made available and effectively applied
- Even though currently deemed not essential, there may be requirement for field visits occasionally.
- In accordance with the Delegation of Authority
Our client is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company with HQ in London, UK. Their focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins and currently boast a portfolio over 120 licences spans 21 countries.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, Chartered Engineer Preferred
- Proven experience of E&P field or project engineering with initial focus on concept, FEED and FDP.
- Operator experience
- Doer. Motivated self-starter with hands on approach to delivery
- Experience in large scale onshore oil development with complex and multidimensional challenges to resolve (waxy crude, large well-count, high water-cut, remote location, environmental & social constraints, etc) with low cost mindset
- Proven track record of working with other disciplines and external contractor management.
- Sufficient subsurface and well engineering knowledge to be able to communicate and integrate technical issues
- Familiar with cost/value drivers relating to fast track development, construction strategies, alternative project contracting and execution strategies, reservoir management and well engineering/drilling.
- Demonstrable specific experience in Owner/Operator of e.g.:
- Track record of interfacing and co-ordination capability
- Well developed Management of Change skills working closely with the subsurface team and effective translating into contractor's scope of work
- Developed management and interpersonal skills with the capability to lead a cross functional team
- Hands-on problem solving and rapid resolution of issues
- Awareness and sensitivity to multinational exposures and cultures
- Articulate writer and presenter. Able to interact and communicate at all levels within the client.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Takes a proactive approach
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice
- Assimilates broad technical, operational and value-maximisation issues
- Ensuring and checking document quality and consistency
- Able to work with several simultaneous activities, prioritising as necessary
- Values and forms co-operative relationships
- Open to ideas and reliable