- Posted 24 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Project Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Supports Venture Manager in maintaining the POS (Project Objectives & Strategies) current and facilitating the use of the POS within the individual projects.
* Leads development, implementation and tracking of the Issues Management process and timely resolution of Key Issues. Interfaces with functional organisations for endorsement of Key Issues closure.
* Primary responsibility for coordinating development and periodic updates of the Project Execution Plan working closely with individual Project Managers.
* Regular interface with Project Managers to maintain integration and alignment of individual project plans and coordinates actions required to address any identified potential interface issues or opportunities.
* Integrates sub-surface and drilling work products into overall project plans and supports individual Project Managers as required to incorporate any changes arising.
* Leads readiness of overall project for planned Gate reviews through to final Gatekeeper review and supports individual Project Managers' readiness for Gate and Checkpoint reviews as well as any IPRs (Independent Project Reviews).
* Custodian of approved Project Road Map and coordinates with individual Project Managers to facilitate timely completion of deliverables. Interface with functional management for any proposed changes.
* Custodian of approved project WBS and coordinates with individual Project Managers for potential updates prior to major contract execution activities.
* Custodian of the Regulatory Compliance Plan and responsible for maintaining requirements current and for timely status updates.
* Works with Business Lead for timely routine project reporting.
* Leads Contracting Strategy and Compensation Strategy planning sessions for all contracts.
* Coordinates monthly PLT (Project Leadership Team) meetings and lead role in timely capture of lessons learned.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Engineering degree
* Significant oil & gas experience in offshore project execution and
* technical roles
* Prior project management experience within a structured project execution framework (Stage-Gate)
* UK North Sea and sub-sea/FPSO project experience.
* Familiarity with FPSO operations desirable.
* Familiarity with UK regulatory environment desirable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054896.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.