- Posted 22 June 2022
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Project Engineers, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure employees, contracted staff and Contractor personnel are aware of the relevant systems of work and procedures.
* Ensure safe working practices are carried out to minimise Lost Time Incidents, HIPOs and other reportable incidents.
* Ensure that the Project Statement of Requirements and Modification pre-engineering dossier requirements are met and completed with the quality specified and within budget and time scale.
* Ensure close interface with engineering and construction contractor through engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases to ensure successful delivery of project or modification.
* Coordinate the interface between project/modification contractors and company Technical Authorities and/or discipline experts and/or Asset Management for efficient delivery of Project work.
* Seek opportunities to minimise cost to company while maintaining safety.
* Ensure Project risks are identified, highlighted, and managed.
* Ensure verification activities are managed with IVB.
* Ensure a smooth transition of project or modification delivery to Operations and close out is completed.
* Monitor Contractors' performance in accordance with contractual requirements and especially in area of safety and technical expertise to ensure all company standards are met.
* Ensure Projects and Modifications Leader, Project and Engineering Manager and respective asset management team are informed of ongoing projects status.
* Ensure preparation of cost forecast and budgets.
* Ensure that best practice and technical innovations are shared and implemented through the company's projects.
* Ensure that projects and modifications are carried out in line with current regulations (DCR, PFEER, etc.) and Group rules.
* Accountable for ensuring compliance with company project/modification governance procedures for all phases of the project process, including appropriate and complete closure of projects.
* Maintain an overview of project estimation and cost control systems in the supply chain.
* Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives within the projects and modifications domain.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant industry experience, and relevant project management skills (technical, planning, cost control, contracts etc.).
* Degree in a recognised Engineering discipline. Membership of relevant Professional Body (chartered engineer or equivalent) is desirable.
* Experience in Project Management / Project Engineering. A project management qualification or working towards same is desirable.
* An ability to organise own workload and set priorities in the context of a busy portfolio of modifications.
* Good understanding of offshore operations and project management.
* Good working knowledge of engineering disciplines, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation.
* Ability to create positive relations with peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
* Good supervisory, written and oral communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055433.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.