- Posted 22 June 2022
- Contact NameStewart Bryson
The Task Delivery Process design team are predominately based in Cumbria but there is also the potential for work from Warrington, with some homeworking. There will be requirements to visit site occasionally for plant walkdowns.
The Plant Facing Design Office (PFDO) is the organisation within that provides professional design support to the Plant Engineering community. Within the PFDO is the Task Delivery Design team that focuses on schedule driven tasks to support facilities across site. The site based PFDO / Task Delivery Process design team have a requirement for A Senior Process Engineers to participate in a team that provides a design service to deliver fit for purpose, engineering solutions.
This role requires working collaboratively with the multidiscipline design team, system engineers and task managers to deliver fit for purpose solutions. For this role the applicant should also have the skills and knowledge to be able to lead tasks and support development of other junior designers and be able to check their work.
A key aspect of this role is the ability to work with the system engineer and other plant representatives to effectively define the scope of the problem and then develop a pragmatic process design solution while being responsive to changing priorities and often challenging timescales. It is expected that the role holder will have the ability / experience to produce a complete Process design response including for example (but not limited to) Basis of Design, calculations and substantiation documentation when required.
- Design support to the scoping of tasks, typically comprising:
- Review of Task Traveller form, attendance at walkdowns, scoping and planning meetings
- Development of optioneering documents/concept design
- Completion of detailed design information, such as:
- Production of Basis of Designs, calculations, proposal EFDs, datasheets
- Participation in SDDR's, MDDR's, HAZOP's etc.
- Engagement with Design Capability design engineers / SMEs for specialist support.
- Assisting in the preparation of design substantiation in the form of NFR's, and DAR's support SSC's identified within new or modified safety cases, and to support the substantiation through MSC.
- Support installation, commissioning and close out of tasks, through engagement with plant, EFDs updates etc.
- Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
- Public or private experience
- Chemical engineer background
- Experience of producing design deliverables and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Previous experience in nuclear industry or other regulated industry
- Ability to work independently, managing own portfolio of tasks and within minimal supervision.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.