Senior Operations Technician
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Operations Technician, based Offshore.
* Responsible for the supervision of specific work-scopes, to ensure that the requirements of the company Control of Work (ISSOW) system are fully complied-with.
* Responsible for review and countersignature of all WCCs in their area of responsibility.
* To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the specific signatory roles and responsibilities defined in ISSOW (such as Performing Authority, Isolating Authority, Area Authority Delegate, RPE, TCI and Department Head) and accept the responsibilities of such, when acting in such role.
* Performs task risk assessments using Toolbox Talk (Dynamic Risk Review), level 1 and level 2 techniques ensuring residual risk is As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
* Ensure level 2 TRA is conducted with PA and relevant Area Authority Delegate in the team.
* Perform ISSOW audits as directed by the asset HSE plan and ensure that SMART actions are raised and completed.
* Demonstrate personal leadership and exemplary safety behaviours at all times ensuring that company Safety Rules expectations are communicated and maintained.
* Ensure compliance with key policies and procedures by completing all assigned actions detailed in the offshore HSE plan.
* Participate in hazard analysis and incident investigation as requested by the OIM.
* Has awareness of the platforms major risks and ongoing operational risks.
* Ensures relevant procedures within company Management System are adhered to.
* Ensure all environmental risks are considered and mitigated when work is being planned and executed.
* Contribute to platform safety management system by intervening when witnessing unsafe situations. Encourage safe behaviours amongst fellow workers and record conversations using the 'Intelligent Safety' database.
* Complete at least one WCC or ICC audit within the ISSOW system per trip offshore.
* Act as a member of the Emergency Control team for Fire team as appropriate.
Technical Integrity, Performance and Production
* Complete accurate handovers (written and verbal) for both shift change and at the end of trip.
* Ensure all plant operations are conducted with due regard to company Procedures and Standards.
* Ensure all operations are conducted with regard to Plant shutdown avoidance.
* Identify opportunities to enhance production through modifications, procedural review and defect elimination.
* Carry responsibilities of Production Technician Area Ownership as identified in platform HSE plan.
* Identify opportunities to enhance production through production efficiency measures, procedural review and defect elimination.
* Provide operational input into Shutdown activities.
* Ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects. Order all required materials and where appropriate feed the job into the plan.
* Monitors/controls hydrocarbon flows and plant conditions, reports malfunctions and makes recommendations on/carries out necessary adjustments.
* Prepares plant/equipment for maintenance work, undertakes re-commissioning/re-start activities.
* Ensures field and plant flows are maintained to platform requirements and specifications.
* Controls and monitors plant operations, identifies abnormal situations and takes appropriate actions.
* Maintains awareness of production targets and ensures these are met.
* Carries out site checks and gas checks prior to commencing work.
* Undertakes first-line maintenance, as required.
* Carries out process system sampling, plant inspections, isolations, gas tests & chemical injection
* Ensures all production reporting requirements are carried out.
* Undertakes dedicated emergency response duties.
Experience & Qualifications:
* NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in Processing Hydrocarbons or equivalent
* Valid Medical Certificate,
* Offshore Survival Training Certificate
* Shoulder measurements
* Fit to train
* Working at Height Unit 2
* SBT01 or TSBT02
* Practical knowledge and experience of offshore production, process and utilities systems operations
* Proven ability to meet the requirements of the platform Competency Assessment Programme
* Fully familiar with permit to work systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems
* Ability to interpret/mark-up technical drawings
* Good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064720.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.