913726 - Senior Operations Engineer
Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 30 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Oil and Gas / Rail and wider Engineering Industries.
Today Orion Group manages the placement of thousands of contractors every year via our worldwide network of 57 offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
- The Senior Operations Engineer provides Group operations support to operations and execution teams along with asset and project assurance , this will entail a broad range of activities, including development and maintaining system operability, promoting operations excellence, plant optimisation, identifying and resolving technical issues, and understanding Operational health, safety and environmental requirements It is expected that this Group position will be capable of performing the duties of an operations manager in their absence as either stand-in or delegate. The main areas of involvement will be production optimisation, operational reliability, systems diagnostics, ensuring loss reporting and resultant root cause analysis is performed to a satisfactory level. Regular auditing of asset and engineering scope will be the Senior Operations engineer's responsibility.
- Represent and when appropriate stand in for the Operations manager in communication and planning activities inclusive of internal and external interfaces.
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders
- Analysis of information for oil / gas production, water production/injection and production loss/deferment statistics.
- Input to and provide the operations requirement into the annual Group Development & Operations budget.
- Drive and deliver opportunities for improvement, efficiency and cost reduction within Business units.
- Challenge and coach Projects and BU function regarding the 90 day planning process.
- Provide support into safety reviews, examples being HAZOPs, HAZIDs, SILs, FATs, SATs and also Operational reviews to ensure that plant and facilities are properly designed and fit for purpose with respect to Operability and Maintainability requirements.
- Ensure Operations standards and philosophies are reviewed, maintained and updated within Group and BU production requirements.
- Provide Operations support to shutdown planning, engineering and maintenance activities.
- Ensure that Operations Readiness and assurance input into production enhancement engineering process is maintained. Ensuring facilities are fit for purpose with respect to Operability, Maintainability and legislation.
- Provide Group input into the development of manpower plans and OPEX estimating models
- Ensure there are no Operational review/ audit outstanding actions which are overdue for close out.
- Develop effective interface with other functional departments and maintain an effective communications network.
- Review and follow up where necessary with BU Operations contractor service providers ensuring compliance with EHS requirements
- Assist in gathering information for reporting outside of the Clients organisation on asset performance with joint venture partners and other stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with the project execution management team to monitor and measure the performance of both the asset and the support teams.
- Understanding when production loss occurs and ensure that recover/improvement plans developed.
- Recommend and, where authorised, carry out improvement initiatives.
- Ensure RCA's are conducted when required and actions are monitored and closed out.
- Seek to identify new technology, develop and embed into the BU's
- Considerable and relevant experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in an engineering, production operations or Maintenance & inspection environment.
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant oil and gas industry regulations.
- Familiarity with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools is desirable.
- Plans and conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner raising safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with our clients corporate policy.
- Carries out duties in a manner that maximises value and reduces both risk and waste.
- Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with our clients ethics and values at all times.
- Readily accepts responsibility and accountability.
- Continuously develops better ways of working in seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Works closely with project management function, effectively Utilises knowledge to actively participates in project reviews and audits.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, corporate and business unit environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across both our client and its service providers.
A leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company with HQ in West London, UK. Their focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins and currently boast a portfolio over 120 licences spans 21 countries.
- HND-level in a relevant engineering or equivalent
- Extensive in Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations with a Maintenance and Operations background.
- Worked at senior level within Onshore and Offshore Operations environment.
- Understand Group Operations Framework and related Asset Management systems
- Management skills, commensurate with a track record of having worked at the level of Head of Department.
- Fluent in English.
- Conversant with the standard MS-Office PC Repository.
- Excellent verbal, written and aural communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Proactive and Self-motivated
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
- Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
- Open, honest & reliable
- Able to establish an interactive relationship with the all contractors/suppliers to establish a positive Comp