Senior Operational Occupational Health & Safety Advisor
- Posted 25 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Operational Occupational Health & Safety Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Maintenance and development of Occupational Health and Operational Safety standards, procedures, systems and tools, including the production of appropriate Level 1 and Level 2 procedures.
* Manage and Support HSE Manager with medical provider contract and budgeting.
* Support the implementation and maintenance of the Occupational Health and Operational Safety Compliance monitoring programme.
* Development and implementation of Occupational Health and Operational Safety training
* Support workforce engagement, safety rep engagement, and safety culture development programmes.
* Support and delivery of World Day For Safety and World Health Day initiatives
* Development, implementation and monitoring of behavioural safety and safety observation programmes.
* Analysis of Occupational Health and Operational Safety trends to drive improvements
* Engagement with Asset HSE Teams and Onshore HSE Committee to understand and support their Occupational Health and Operational Safety requirements.
* Project Occupational Health and Operational Safety support.
* Preparation of Contractor Interface documents.
* Preparation of emergency and bridging documents.
* Development, implementation, maintenance and use of Occupational Health and Operational Safety specialist software.
* Support Synergi governance and corporate Occupational Health and Operational Safety reporting requirements.
* Provide support on Occupational Health monitoring to Medics.
* Maintain a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc.
* Assist in the input of Occupational Health and Safety objectives into the annual HSE improvement plan.
* Assist in the input of Occupational Health and Safety audits into the annual company's HSE audit plan through a risk based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
* Responsible for providing the required support to assets during implementation of safety and occupational health plans and procedures. This support may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
* Participate in onshore and offshore health & safety committees.
* Conduct accident investigation/root cause analysis.
* Assist in ensuring HSE applications are effectively implemented across the company.
* Assist in the compilation of SIMOPS dossiers for simultaneous operations between Operations and Construction/Operations and Drilling, Siesmic and Operations.
* Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation.
* Responsible for attending and providing the input to Contractor Performance review meetings
* Responsible for ensuring the quality of Synergi inputs and ensuring Synergi governance is adhered to.
* Assist in communicating information relating to incidents across the business.
* Monitor compliance with occupational health and hygiene standards across all assets (e.g. accommodation hygiene, potable water management, noise, handling of chemicals/COSHH, ergonomics, radioactive materials, health surveillance, management of hazardous substances e.g. mercury, benzene, etc.).
* Assist in developing health surveillance strategy for Company and Contractors so that records are kept of personnel exposure (e.g. noise, hand arm vibration, nightshift working etc.).
* Responsible for running reports and benchmarking safety and occupational health data to input into improvement plans.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Professional safety/occupational health qualification
* Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends
* Representing the company at an industry level and leading/facilitating workgroups
* Good knowledge of UK onshore and offshore health & safety legislation, sufficient to offer good advice without reference, and be able to offer detailed advice through reference to documentation
* Trained to lead investigations of significant accidents/incidents
* Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066615.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.