- Posted 15 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Material & Procurement Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Plan, manage and prioritise workload to ensure that operational and long-term requirements of the assets, technical services and corporate services are met.
* Participate in the development of material and procurement procedures and coach stakeholders to increase knowledge and competence of the process
* Build network of duets with all key stakeholders, ensuring the material procurement and stock needs are understood and priorities known, highlighting any areas of concern.
* Build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers to identify and maintain a cost-effective supply, developing frame agreements where appropriate.
* Participate in negotiations during tender and award phase of material purchase orders to ensure best value.
* Pro-actively support implementation of category strategies developed by TGP.
* Participate in the delivery of the stock optimisation activities of the affiliate, identifying improvements to stock management processes and communicating action plans to minimize stock levels.
* Participate in the identification, approval, tendering and disposal of surplus and obsolete stock material in accordance with DEA, maximising the sale value achieved while minimizing any impact on OPEX for assets.
* Deliver to agreed performance indicators ensuring the operational needs and department objectives are tracked and achieved.
* Collaborates with C&P Support and Performance team to agree KPI, CPI and SOX results while driving the development and delivery of action plans to promote continuous improvement of the material procurement and stock process.
* Provide technical expertise in areas of specification, inspection, storage of materials and equipment.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree, Diploma, or equivalent qualification and typically Relevant experience, in the contracts & procurement discipline.
* Demonstrable experience in supply chain material procurement and stock management processes.
* Detailed knowledge of SAP Materials Management functionality and application in supply chain processes.
* Proven capability to operate with a globally distributed network of colleagues to manage relationships and synergies.
* Effective communicator- both verbally and written - with the ability to challenge & negotiate constructively to influence decisions or ways of working.
* Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments.
* Knowledge of Company's equipment and operations and awareness/knowledge of Group activities.
* Adaptable and flexible with the ability to support change and a culture of continuous improvement.
* Knowledge of the legal aspects associated with procurement
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063440.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.