Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for one of our Multinational Medical Device Clients based in Cork for an initial 12-month contract.
· To manage site projects from conception to completion - delivery on time and to budget.
· To service and support the Project process function for the site Technical expert for the PPM process and reporting process (lnstantis).
· Responsible for successful Project Portfolio Management of the project process and project delivery.
· Involved in leading key Capital Site Projects.
· Active member of multifunctional process and production improvement team. Leading / supporting process engineers to deliver small process driven projects.
· Responsible for the delivery of standardised Capital application process across manufacturing and NPD departments.
· Leadership and coordination of on-site Process Excellence initiatives and activities including certification, re-certification, and promotion of PE awareness on site.
· Leadership and coordination of on-site Project Excellence initiatives and activities including installation and qualification of all new equipment for manufacturing and NPD and the development of standardized project processes.
· Application of world class manufacturing & project tools and techniques with process areas.
· Control and direct manufacturing validation effort for existing and new processes.
· To input into new product development, to ensure timely introduction into production and that they are operationally cost effective and aligned to the site's strategic imperatives.
· Process review and optimization of specified process area/s.
· Input into new machinery purchases, investigating new technologies for existing processes.
· To ensure customer service levels are achieved through project delivery.
· To follow and promote company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results.
· Responsible for capturing the sites delivery on CIP, Projects, and Capital through Instantis reporting tool.
Quality and Compliance Related Responsibilities:
· Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing
· Responsible for ensuring company compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
· Accountable for HSE compliance for their area of responsibility.
· An understanding of budget control & project management.
· Able to work in an ambiguous environment; and able to manage conflicting objectives and priorities.
· Flexible and adaptable in meeting customer requirements.
· Visionary and proactive in meeting short, medium, and long business objectives.
· Decision Making will be required to make difficult decisions on prioritization and risks of technical solutions to product issues, on future processes, interfaces, and procedures for optimal support of operation
· Ability to carry out structured problem solving, and Credo based decision making skills.
· An advocate and promoter of a true Health, Safety and Environmental
· Knowledge of CMW organization and products.
· Knowledge of PEx, ME2 and Lean principles.
· Knowledge of Business Continuity Process.
· Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
· Appreciation of budget planning and control.
· Understanding of the CapEx process.
· Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively at appropriate levels across different internal functions both orally and written.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Management of own workload and ability to work independently using own initiative.
· Good organizational skills.
· Able to contribute to strategic planning.
· Project process knowledge FPX, etc.
· Understanding of the CIP process and lnstantis.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Technical degree in related discipline (Engineering/Science/Chemical) preferred.
· Minimum AND in related discipline with considerable experience (5 years plus).
· Projects process certified preferable.
· Proven successful project delivery experience essential
· Use of Microsoft tools - Project Plan (essential).
· Lean Manufacturing Application (essential).
· Use of KP/s to improve business performance (essential).
· Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively at appropriate levels both orally and written (essential).
· Management of own workload and ability to work independently using own initiative (essential).
· Green Belt in PEx (Desirable).
· The role requires an enquiring snf perceptive individual who is understanding of the needs of the teams and projects in which they are assigned to (Desirable).
· Occasional working outside contractual hours of work (Desirable).
· Aptitude for implementation of C1 principles (Desirable).
If you are interested in having a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Sarah Walsh on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
#Oriongroup #Orionlifesciences #Oriongrouplifescienceseurope #Seniormanufacturingengineer #Multinational #Contractopportunity
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.