Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Maintenance Technician - Instrument, based Offshore.
* Primary point of contact for offshore technicians/management and onshore support, when dealing with Instrument activity and issues.
* Distribute daily workload, as per priorities set by MTL, as best suits available Instrument Technician resource.
* Manage Safety Critical maintenance to Zero overdue. Plan and execute all Instrument related activity against Safety reason codes striving for Zero Safety backlog.
* Follow up on spares ordering to ensure timely delivery offshore. Update Maximo and plan jobs when spares arrive.
* Attend offshore meetings as required to provide update on status of ongoing activity and understand priorities for Instrument department for future work scopes - e.g., Planning & Campaign Meetings, Inspection Meetings, Safety Critical Look Ahead, etc.
* Provide a comprehensive handover on a weekly basis to the oncoming Focal Point.
* Update and complete actions generated for Process Upset Report's.
* Development and training of other technicians to fulfil the Focal Point Role.
* TTLC Assessor for Instrument discipline.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A minimum of an HNC Measurement / Control or Electrical Engineering.
* VQ Level 3 in Instrument Maintenance
* Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
* Operating or Project experience, either onshore or offshore, in the role of Instrument, Electrical or Mechanical Technician.
* Ability to work extended periods of time offshore on a production platform.
* Good understanding of safety management for offshore operations and have demonstrated personal commitment to Safety.
* Proven track record of performing within a multi- disciplined team.
* Instrument technicians should complete the relevant training and questionnaires to be an instrument isolating authority under the Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant Standard (SIRPS).
* Practical knowledge and experience of offshore production, process and utilities systems and operations
* Proven ability to meet the requirements of the platform Competency Assessment Programme
* Good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to the job role
* Experience of working in the UK offshore industry
* Experience of working in brownfield operations
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068873.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.