- Posted 28 July 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for U.K. Annual Report and organization of Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
* Drafting and organizing the U.S. Proxy Statement
* Responsible for Annual Shareholder Engagement Process and Analysis
* Assistant company secretary, advising the parent company in U.K. Companies Act
* Assisting in Board of Directors' meetings and preparation, including presentations and participation with executive management and directors
* Support various multi-task, multi-deadline special projects, such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate financing, credit facility amendments or renewals, corporate restructurings or reorganizations, and contract review and editing.
* Assist with periodic governance requirements.
* Assist with subsidiary management.
* Draft and file documents such as certificates of formation or articles of incorporation, bylaws, board and shareholder minutes and//or written consents, stock certificates, powers of attorney, delegations of authority, annual reports, franchise tax reports, foreign registrations, and secretary's certificates.
* Perform legal and factual research and analysis as needed.
Experience & Qualifications:
* LLB in English or Scots law.
* Relevant experience
* Public company experience required.
* Fluent verbal and written English
* Understanding of inter-disciplinary relations and requirements
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* High level of integrity and ethics
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055557.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.