- Posted 25 May 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior IS Business Analyst, based in Aberdeen on a 12 month Maternity cover basis.
* Drive the Asset IS Strategic plan and budget process in liaison with the wider IS Department to ensure that the required work program and associated budgets are agreed and validated by the Asset director, IS Manager and IS Business Services Leader.
* Negotiate & Monitor the IS work program for the Asset to ensure alignment with plans, and negotiate & agree any deviations with the IS Department Section Heads and relevant Service Owners within the business and IS.
* Responsible for IS business analysis, solution design/architecture & consultancy services to customers.
* Develop work program in liaison with all parts of the Asset to maximise the Company's investment and add value in making recommendations on IS expenditure for enhancements and projects in consultation with corporate IS services.
* Promote & drive innovation by initiating studies of new solutions, tracking industry trends, mobilising expert teams when necessary, and follow-up of such studies through to conclusion.
* Guide the Asset in the specification of requirements for any new business needs, working with the IS department to ensure that business cases are validated, budgets agreed and that work is scheduled.
* Work with the Assets to ensure understanding of the IS company rules for following agreed standards and procedures to ensure compliance.
* Lead IS Projects to implement asset specific solutions where appropriate
* Lead transverse IS projects (functional analysis as well as the technical implementation to ensure that they are implemented on time and on budget realising the benefits envisaged)
* Collaborate with the wider IS department to help deliver specific transverse projects impacting their area
* Ensure support for specific transverse business systems used by the assets.
* Nominated contract representative for specific IS contracts where services impact the asset.
* Deliver service to customers in a manner that will meet agreed targets of cost, time, quality & performance
* Define asset specific IS KPI's and SLA's to ensure the best possible service is delivered for the Asset.
* Monitor and report on the delivery and performance of the Corporate Services IS function identifying any anomalies for follow up discussion and corrective action by the IS services.
* Identify IS familiarisation and training needs for the Asset personnel, working with the IS corporate services to define training program to increase the level of technical awareness.
* Coordinate with the wider IS team to ensure availability of IS Systems to support Asset Business Processes
* Assist with developing strategies and strategic direction for continued improvement in the Asset to achieve Asset objectives
* Liaise with the affiliate RSSI-L for IS security matters relating to the Asset.
* Facilitate security audits of the Asset IS systems as needed, in conjunction with the RSSI-L
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to Degree level
* Relevant professional experience
* Broad industry knowledge and use of group and external networks
* Awareness of all IS processes
* Ability and experience to take decisions that are both technically sound and take the needs of the organisation and asset fully into account
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054236.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.