Job Title: Sr. Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer
This position will serve as a discipline lead for Instrumentation and Controls Engineering and will provide oversight of EPC and other contractors during the execution of detailed design, construction, commissioning, startup, and initial operations.
* 10+ years' experience working on major oil & gas projects.
* 10+ years in a similar role at EPC contractor or operator organization.
* 5+ years' experience in the execution of LNG liquefaction projects, including the design, configuration, implementation, integration, and operations of various control systems.
* Experience with fully integrated EICT systems
* Previous experience with the review and development of instrument data sheets/drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and commodity specifications
* Experience with the review of P&ID's, building/equipment lay-out drawings, etc., to ensure equipment is designed, fabricated, and installed safely and can be effectively maintained.
* Experience with the development of System- and FO- block diagrams, technical evaluations, and commodity specifications.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
* Expert technical knowledge of integrated and/or distributed control systems, including safety systems and remote and configurable I/O concepts.
* Detailed knowledge of SCADA and third-party control systems.
* Experience with the development and review of P&ID's, technical evaluations, data sheets, building and equipment layout and all other documents and drawings required for the successful completion of a large-scale EPC project in the oil and gas industry.
* Provides engineering technical leadership in the design of Instrumentation and Controls systems.
* Technical review of engineering deliverables.
* Ensures the EPC contractor delivers all control systems equipment in accordance with project specific standards, specifications, and contractual requirements.
* Confirms that the facility design is in accordance with the FEED, and implements technical design improvements which offer cost savings and improve operational efficiency.
* Collaborates with other members of the Engineering team to ensure the overall design is safe, fit for purpose, will operate reliably, and meet performance guarantees.
* Ensures that the project is executed in accordance with the organization's safety policy, conforms to project quality requirements and is completed within schedule.
* Ensures efficient communication with other engineering, operational and functional support team members.
* Key participant in internal technical reviews (HAZOPs, HAZID's, Model Reviews etc.).
* Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing for major equipment and applications.
* Responsible for managing the owner interface for framework agreements with key control systems vendors.
* Bachelor's degree in related Engineering discipline.
* Master's degree in related Engineering discipline
* Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
* Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization to ensure clarity in expectations, requirements, and deliverables.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Team Player, good communication, and reporting skills.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging, and diverse entrepreneurial environment
* Hands-on type of personality
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.