Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Reading (50% onsite / 50% homebased)
Pay Rate to Candidate:
To manage, organize and control handover activities on behalf of the Project Manager to progress successful Handover and delivery of a single project or multiple individual work packages. Recommending improvements where necessary in accordance with the company's Security, Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health management arrangements and all applicable legislation.
- Accountable for reporting to the Handover Team Leader in line with operating procedures.
- Accountable for the provision of all aspects of Handover coordination throughout the projects lifecycle.
- Accountable for the planning and progress of Handover activities.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Comply with the procedures, processes & standards and ensure that all project team personnel comply with the specific procedures relating to Handover.
- Provide handover status reporting to the Handover Team Leader and Project Manager.
- Track & forecast the progress and quality of documentation being delivered by disciplines.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project Handover information to the client and project team.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and encourage this attitude in others.
- Assuring deliverables and arrangements between all participating stakeholders are agreed and appropriately accounted for.
- Ensure that suppliers and project team understand the Handover Process and are aware of the client's handover expectations.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
- Ensure the agreed records and documentation are produced and maintained to demonstrate compliance to relevant quality, performance, standards and legislation.
- Chair meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Final verification of completed documentation.
- Facilitate the production and agreement of: Handover Management Arrangements; Handover Deliverable Lists; and Functional Breakdown Structures.
- Project Coordinator experience
- Engineering background
- Construction experience - understanding of construction or commissioning- experience working in a site office on facilities/infrastructure projects (hospitals, airports, rail etc NOT IT)
- Understanding of Health & Safety records
- Documentation control experience
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.