- Posted 22 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Environmental Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Maintain a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc
* Provides environmental expertise and advice to NNS Field Operations, Performance & Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction & Maintenance teams and Geosciences. Responsible for providing support to site based HSE professionals and working with them on common objectives.
* Responsible for the input of Environmental objectives into the annual asset HSE improvement plan.
* Responsible for the input of Environmental audits into the annual asset audit plan through a risk based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
* Responsible for input into the annual compliance monitoring plan for the asset.
* Responsible for implementation of the work programme for ISO14001 certification, including on and offshore surveillance/re-certification audits within the asset.
* Responsible for conducting monitoring activities and audits in accordance with the asset plans.
* Responsible for ensuring the Asset Aspects and Impacts Register is kept up to date and for providing the necessary technical input to operations to achieve this.
* Assist in the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation
* Responsible for the production of appropriate Level 3 and Level 4 procedures and related training materials for environment. This may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
* Responsible for Liaison with Regulatory bodies (BEIS, SEPA, etc) : permitting regime, regulatory inspections. Ensure compliance with country specific environmental legislation and Company Rules in line with continuous improvement principles.
* Follow up of environmental incidents.
* Facilitate accident investigation/root cause analysis.
* Accountable for daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, annual and ad-hoc environmental reporting for the Asset (internal and external).
* Manage preparation of Environmental Statements for new developments.
* Participate in offshore HSE meetings involving personnel from various disciplines.
* Trained member of the Oil Spill Response Group in an event of major spill.
* Member of the emergency response team and expected to join the emergency response rota when required
* Deputy for NNS HSE Manager.
* Responsible for providing work direction and technical guidance, checking work/project progress and setting priorities for the Senior Environment Engineer
* Contributes to budgets and plans for work activities and assist in cost control.
* Provides technical input on contractor / consultant selection in contracts with environmental management element.
* Represents Company in industry committees and specialist forums involving legislative authorities and other oil and gas operators.
* Responsible for attending the daily morning call for operations (as per attendance rota), delegating when not available and sharing the information with the team
* Ensure there is continual improvement on HSE performance and that it retains the importance given its status as a core value for the company
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, i.e. engineering or scientific subject preferably environmental engineering, marine biology or environmental related.
* Relevant experience.
* Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends.
* Representing the Company at an industry level and leading/facilitating workgroups.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of country specific environmental legislation and Company Rules.
* Approved Environmental Management System Lead Auditor.
* Trained in Oil Spill Response.
* Trained to lead investigations of significant incidents.
* Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063524.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.