- Posted 14 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full-time (Mon-Fri), Permanent
Main responsibility is to deliver brownfield modification deliverables for assigned work in accordance with the applicable procedures and standards within the man hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets. You will have 5 years' relevant experience working in a UKCS brownfield modification environment.
In this role, you are accountable for producing adequate specifications, data sheets, calculations, drawings, and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement, installation, commissioning, and safe operation of electrical equipment as part of multidiscipline brownfield modifications.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in brownfield Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering projects and are able to deliver the Electrical scope on a project on time and within budget.
You will have relevant experience in:
- Developing project deliverable documents including production, checking and approval of specifications, calculations (load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), data sheets, enquiry packages and drawings for electrical systems and equipment such as LV and HV power distribution, lighting, earthing & lightning protection, cathodic protection, electrical trace heating, PAGA and UPS systems as required to meet stated project requirement
- Co-ordinating design information within Electrical and Instrumentation Designers for ongoing design issues and ensuring effective interfaces between the electrical project team and other discipline teams, client representatives and other third parties as required to meet delivery dates
- Site surveys and data gathering on brownfield projects
- Co-ordinate all electrical third-party support performs in accordance with the statutory regulations, company policy, contract deliverables.
- Knowledge and understanding of international standards relating to electrical equipment and system design, current legislative and industry requirements
- Experience in electrical engineering across all size of projects
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, able to work well under tight schedules
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills including dealing with clients, vendors and third parties.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to carry out Engineering checking activities through the originator, Check and Approval process.
- Work on your own and part of a Team
The candidate should be aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering and be flexible with a "can-do" attitude.
- Brownfield modification experience in onshore and offshore oil & gas environments is essential.
- Proven oil & gas experience in a similar position
- BSC engineering discipline preferred but not essential
- BOSIET survival preferred, member of IET preferred
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.