- Posted 18 May 2022
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We are seeking an accomplished Senior Electrical Engineer to work on a contract basis for a 6-month scope of work. Probable extension.
This will be 3 days a week in the office in Buckinghamshire and 2 days a week working from home.
If interested please send CV and availability.
We welcome interest and applications from Senior Engineers who can offer the following skills and expertise:
Extensive experience in oil & gas process design with strong technical knowledge in all Electrical specialties and a full understanding/experience of the various scopes of projects across all project phases, including PMC.
The outline scope of deliverables covers:
- Guaranteeing the compliance of Electrical design & engineering solutions within client requirements, industry standards and Group HSE, engineering processes and best practices.
- Providing demonstrable knowledge of European, American, and international standards applicable to the petrochemical industry.
- Full appreciation of latest functional safety requirements.
- Experience of the principles of plant layout and development of access & maintenance requirements.
- Understanding & technical participation in constructability reviews and design reviews.(Layout fix, 30%, 60% & 90%).
- A background in leading multi-office projects.
- UK Project Experience.
Candidates will require high-level knowledge of preparing & checking the following:
- The basis of designs.
- Specifications and data sheets.
- Material Take-offs.
- Technical bid evaluations.
- Layout & Detailed drawings.
Participating in project, client, and vendor meetings
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.