Looking to join a place where you can make a difference? Where you can make an
impact on the world, as well as your career. Join a company where energy
Our client is one of the world’s leading integrated energy and chemicals company and is currently hiring for a Senior Economist.
The Senior Economist is our client's expert on the economic outlook and development of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, focusing on macro-economic trends, collection and analysis of Kingdom-related data, drafting policy recommendations, economic research and econometrics.
- Manage and support small teams to deliver required research and analytics.
- Supervise internal socioeconomic research, and provide reporting on the same.
- Analyze and assess economic data, research, policies, and arguments.
- Assist management in responding to urgent economic questions and issues based on evidence and analysis.
- Manage market and other assessments, and report relevant insights in the area of Saudi Arabian macro-economics.
- Present ad hoc and standard economic research, analysis, forecasts, and recommendations in formats effective for various internal and external stakeholders, including relevant Saudi Arabian ministries.
- Provide training to enable non-economist stakeholders to participate as required.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior staff.
- Master's degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Must have steadily advanced his/her professional competence in areas of expertise through personal study, relevant and expanding work experiences, seminars, professional contacts and extension courses.
- Must have extensive and relevant experience in a global energy think tank, international consulting firm, and/or integrated energy and chemicals company.
- Must have exceptional analytical abilities.
- Must be recognized as a leading expert in the economics field.
- Must have a deep understanding of oil and gas, chemicals and energy industry economics, trends, developments, and strategies.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to advance economic theories and recommendations by developing strong business cases based upon sound economic analysis.
- Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
- Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
- Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multinational junior staff.
#economist #economics #econometrics #macroeconomics #SaudiArabia