Senior Drilling Engineer
- Posted 13 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Preparing Notifications of Well Operations to the Competent Authority and other legislative documentation.
* Responsible for the Well Design/Basis of Design.
* Interfacing with Exploration and Asset teams on proposed wells and responsible for detailed well design and the preparation of well programmes.
* Interfacing with Decom and Asset teams on proposed well plug and abandonment and the preparation of well programmes.
* Responsible for all well documentation, including but not limited to Programmes, EOWR, PDP, and BODs.
* Responsible for all post well reporting and lessons, including but not limited to EOWR, AAR, Lessons Learned, Synergi and ensuring that they are being utilised as a live planning tool.
* Monitoring and reporting on technical, financial and SHE aspects of individual well performance.
* Preparation of well budgets, schedules, AFE and daily costing in line with operations and planning schedule.
* Preparing well programmes and ensuring that all well operations activities are executed in accordance with Company and legislative requirements.
* Responsible for well related contracts.
* Interface with (North Sea Platforms) Rig Maintenance team on platform and project work scopes, to ensure Rig is fit for purpose for planned well activity.
* Monitoring daily drilling activities and providing technical guidance to the Drilling Superintendent and offshore Drilling Supervisors, as required.
* Ensuring that all offshore operations activities are planned and executed in accordance with Company and Legislative SHE requirements, including preparing and submitting OMAR Well Notifications and Weekly Well Operations Reports, as required, on a Monday (am).
* Ensuring that all offshore operations are executed in accordance with the approved programme and any changes are managed as per the company's procedures.
* Review of other well related programmes to ensure integration with the overall.
* Participation in the selection and auditing of suppliers and vendors ensuring material and equipment supplied is to the satisfaction of the Company and to the specification ordered to meet operational requirements.
* Engage with the Combined or Simultaneous Operations Plans are in place as applicable.
* Monitors and reviews SHE performance and implementation of action plans.
* Co-ordinating and liaising with Production/ Operations for well related concurrent activities.
* Support third party contractor activities to ensure SHE compliance per requirements of management interface document.
* Ensure all well project regulatory required Applications, Consents, Permits, Notifications, Reporting to Authorities are complete and within timelines. In the UK, this includes e.g. OMAR Well notifications, WONS applications/notifications, Chemical Permits, etc.
* Ad-hoc activities as requested by Line Manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience in a similar position
* Experience in Offshore Operations
* Wells Project experience from concept to delivery
* Technical experience/ area of expertise in technically challenging project
* Well Life Cycle Design and Planning, Operations and Reporting
* Drill string and casing design
* Project Management experience
* Adaptability and willingness to take on new challenges
* Leadership as per company's Mission Statement and Core Values
* Promote that safety is paramount
* People management, coaching and mentoring skills
* Ability to lead, manage and influence teams and peers
* MODU (Semi-Sub/Tender Assist) experience
* Platform experience
* LWIV experience
* Degree in Petroleum, Geological or Engineering discipline
* Valid BOSIET, MIST, Medical
* IWCF - Drilling Well Control Level 4 Certificate
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/065953.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.