- Posted 29 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Accountable for performing all duties with due regard to the health, safety of self, others and of the environment in which they are undertaken.
* Accountable for providing technical, operational and project management support to the company's operated and non-operated portfolio activities and for implementing technical assurance in accordance with internal processes.
* Collaborate with internal company asset management, subsurface and project functions to develop aligned and robust influencing strategies for well related activities.
* Constructively challenge and influence the Well Operator to deliver top quartile performance.
o Technical and operational assurance
o Contractor Performance Management
o Project delivery and performance
o Preparing internal AFE supporting documentation
o Cost and schedule improvement
o lessons learnt implementation
* Work with the Project managers and functions to optimise learning and operational efficiency across the assets.
* Provide internal support for regular reporting cycles on cost, performance, and scheduling.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Well operations, planning and management experience including subsea, jack-up, LWIV and platform environments.
* Knowledge of industry best practices and benchmarks associated with completion and interventions.
* Ability to build effective relationships and influence internally and externally.
* Degree qualified or relevant industry experience.
* Current Well Control at Supervisor Level
* Current offshore survival and medical certificates.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063610.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.