- Posted 23 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Be an active and significant contributor in the design, planning and execution of the company's well operations safely, efficiently and cost effectively in accordance with the company's policies & procedures as well as industry best practices.
* Analyse offset data, generate and evaluate design options, assess risks, prepare detailed design and programme documents, prepare MOC's and dispensations to policy, prepare Examination and Notification/Consent applications, prepare time and cost estimates, procure services, equipment and materials and co-ordinate suppliers and service providers to meet the objectives for drilling, completing, working over or
decommissioning the well(s).
* Furnish the rig team with technical, planning and operational support by co-ordinating the onshore internal and external team members to plan contingencies, resolve problems and execute rig operations safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
* Liaise & report with regulatory and other external agencies, as required.
* Participate in the duty rota covering weekends and emergencies.
* Ensure the company's standards for HES are rigorously applied to the well delivery and execution process and suggest improvements to the system.
* Assist and deputise for the Superintendent.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant experience with an Operator and/or Well Management company in the UKCS, with demonstratable experience of working at SDE level.
* Valid UKCS certification, including IWCF L4.
* Experience working on UKCS greenfield Major Capital Project(s).
* Deepwater development drilling experience.
* Harsh environment drilling experience.
* Dynamically Positioned MODU experience.
* Recent UKCS semi-submersible drilling and completions experience.
* Expert Landmark software package user; demonstrating recent experience with Compass, WellPlan, StressCheck and WellCat.
* Experience with the UK regulatory and permitting requirements, including preparation of OMAR Well Notifications, and writing of well programmes in compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
* Demonstrable experience of successful performance initiatives and sustainable knowledge/lessons transfer.
* Experience coaching and supervising teams of engineers, both experienced and inexperienced.
* Contract management, contractor performance management, contract tendering experience, where required.
* Operational decision-making experience e.g. out of hours duty and/or Superintendent experience preferred.
* Experience with running multiple types of completions - including both SAS and gravel pack.
* Ability to work with internal subsurface department to determine suitability of proposed well objectives from a risk-based perspective.
* Prepares AFEs for projects. Ensures project expenditures are effectively monitored, managed and controlled.
* Knowledge of the design of and running of subsea wellhead and XT systems.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063548.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.