- Posted 16 November 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Drilling Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Able to perform all Drilling Engineering tasks with total autonomy as per WCM Procedure. Ensuring wells are designed and prepared in accordance with UK Regulations and Company Rules in a timely manner, in liaison with the other project members (Completion, testing, fluids etc).
* Assist Drilling & Completion Superintendent during operational follow-up of drilling campaign and the accuracy of daily reporting. Act as DCSI whenever necessary.
* Assist the Drilling Engineering Leader and Well Operations Team Leader to demonstrate commitment to safety
* Optimisation of safe working practices are considered in the development of operational programmes
* 'Major risks' are identified and mitigated in the development of operational programmes and lead the well risk assessment process
* Drilling programmes/end of well reports are prepared to the required deadlines, standard and accuracy.
* Applications (HSE notifications, DECC permits) and returns to external agencies are prepared as required to satisfy the overall drilling programme in a timely manner, track and co-ordinate approvals and permits
* Application for derogations as required
* Proactively identify and prepare programme amendments/MOCs in case of unscheduled events
* All programs, updates/MOCs and notifications are in line with the Well Examination Scheme
* Follow-up of the rig cost control for service contracts involved in drilling and completion operations
* Wells are designed and prepared in accordance with UK Regulations and Company Rules
* Master relevant drilling engineering specialities such as casing design in WellCAT and Managed Pressure Drilling, Subsea drilling operations
* Lead detailed technical studies and apply technical skills and innovative thinking to obtain positive outcomes. Propose changes and/or innovations with properly identified risks and expected benefits. Document such innovations in the REX system.
* Lead active performance tracking and management, deploy company's and Group digital tools to improve drilling performance.
* Establish company's strategy/procedures (including SIMOPS and Bridging documents) to meet the project schedule.
* Perform and/or supervise the implementation of engineering work plans, providing live engineering support to operations (casing design, directional, hydraulics, swab and surge, torque and drag, well control calculations etc.).
* Collaborate with relevant Geoscience Metiers in the organization and preparation of "Well Statement of Requirements" meetings and reports.
* Organize & participate to task forces to resolve engineering/technical issues
* Ensure material stock remains compatible with project schedule/corporate plan and update/follow up equipment preparation for routine/non-routine operations with the assistance of the Drilling Engineers.
* Provide the required technical documentation and input to allow call for tenders and award of contracts for the provision of services specific to the projects and assist the negotiation of drilling related contracts required for future operations.
* Organize & participate to HAZID / HAZOP when required and ensure recommendations are applied.
* Effective contract management of contracts allocated, ensuring best value for company and proper execution of the contract
* As contract rep for diverse services companies, follow up of contractor performances, plan and conduct QA/QC audits and SQM
* Support the Joint Venture and Development Departments as technical interface assistant between company and its partners for the drilling aspects
* Actively promote "share experience" within and outside the department
* Supervise and coach/mentor entry level engineers.
Experience & Qualifications:
* The job holder will hold a BSc of MSc or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Offshore or Petroleum) with significant experience in well engineering.
* Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment
* Good computer skills, especially in Drilling Engineering softwares (T-DESK, Wellview)
* Job Holder will be committed to developing skills and experience in technical discipline i.e. well completion design, well architecture calculation etc.
* Well developed knowledge of contractual/legal/terms & conditions/insurance issues
* Capable of leading small teams/individuals for specific scopes
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference:
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.