The Senior Downstream Strategist - Refining & Chemicals serves as our client's "Corporate Advisor" and foremost strategic planning expert for our refining and chemicals businesses. This strategic leadership role inspires and guides a group of strategists and professionals responsible for defining and articulating the company's overall refining and chemicals strategy, overseeing and participating in the development of long-term capital and resource allocation.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide advice and guidance on the development of the company's strategic goals and strategic plans for the refining and chemicals businesses to the CEO and members of corporate management.
* Inspire and guide a group of strategists and professionals responsible for articulating and crafting relevant sections of the company's strategic plan, which includes conducting strategic analysis, assisting in setting strategic direction and developing the investment plan.
* Collaborate with business lines and various Corporate Planning departments to confirm and validate independent research on long-term global trends and energy industry evolution, with a view to determine the impact upon the development of the company and the Kingdom.
* Review the company's operating plan, with a focus on the refining and chemicals businesses, to ensure that the plan is in alignment with the company's strategic plan.
* Initiate research and studies on wide-ranging topics related to long-term scenarios that might impact the company's competitive advantage in the refining and chemicals businesses, preparing analyses as required for the Corporate Planning organization and various corporate committees.
* Represent the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars, prepare and deliver presentations on subjects related to the refining and chemicals industries.
* Provide coaching and mentorship to junior staff.
* Inform management of recommended courses of action to mitigate losses or maximize profits when significant events occur that could adversely affect the company's long-term goals, as related to the refining and chemicals businesses.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and leading organizations, keeping abreast of key developments in refining and chemicals that could impact the company's competitive performance.
* Benchmark the company's performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
* Must have exceptional analytical abilities.
* Must have the proven ability and courage to effectively challenge conventional thinking, and influence others to do the same.
* Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
* Must have a deep understanding of the latest oil and gas, chemicals and energy industry trends, developments, strategies and technologies.
* Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
* Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
* Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multinational junior staff.