Senior Development Engineer
- Posted 24 March 2023
- Salary Neg
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Development Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure projects and engineering modifications are defined to comply with latest Company, industry, and regulatory requirements.
* Support delivery of safety, integrity, and environmental performance of the operated and non-operated assets.
* Ensure any Technical & Engineering changes identify and communicate any required new Competencies of the offshore workforce.
* Provide technical input to project reviews and Health/Safety and Environmental risk assessments.
* Manage the company Risk process in the Business Improvement System (BIS) to maintain a ranked register of risks and opportunities on the asset and to manage the engineering assessment of ideas and studies to address technical risks
* Develop and implement operational strategies through Asset Life Extension projects, to optimise life of field value delivery from company operational assets in line with shareholder expectations and business goals.
* Ensure that engineering and project best practice is promoted and apply lessons learned as part of a learning organisation.
* Promote the application of industry best practices and new technology in the operating environment.
* Manage Asset Life Extension studies in line with the company ARP.
* Lead evaluation of ideas for input to screening panel and stage gate review.
* Maintain a projects hopper of potential value-adding and license-to-operate opportunities.
* Develop scopes of work for pre-appraisal engineering studies.
* Manage and co-ordinate engineering studies.
* Deliver conceptual studies to the appropriate level of detail of cost, scope and schedule to enable timely business decisions.
* Contribute to the development of the production improvement plan by identifying production improvement opportunities, lead implementation within scope and measure improvements.
* Maintain clear oversight of studies expenditure.
* Provide engineering guidance on selection and adoption of new equipment and technology.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* Chartered or Professional Engineer and member of recognized Engineering Institute.
* Relevant oil industry experience.
* Experience working in an engineering and/or projects organization with operational company or engineering contractor.
* Good overall knowledge of design, selection and application of oil and gas production technologies
* Practical experience of oil and gas production operations.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063947.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.