- Posted 02 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Development Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures.
* Ensure that process safety aspects are properly evaluated in all aspects of facilities development work undertaken.
* Co-ordinate technical input to design verifications, LOPA, HAZID and HAZOP meetings, as required, during initial project development phases.
* Responsible to develop and implement the scope of work for studies to integrate sources of CO2 to the V Net Zero system, including pipeline and ship-based modes of transport.
* Responsible to maintain a robust and aligned basis of design for all new sources of capture to ensure compliance with V Net Zero system requirements.
* Responsible to ensure robust and multi-disciplinary comparative assessment is completed, including technical, process safety and economic criteria are assessed.
* Working together with the Engineering Manager, define the governance and reporting requirements for each study inclusive of where study partners are integrated.
* Provide technical guidance to contractor engineering teams and participate in document review cycles for contractor deliverables.
* Evaluate and recommend suitable technical solutions, giving appropriate consideration of diverse alternatives and ratifying contractors' evaluation of technology.
* Maintain technology development awareness across the CCS value chain, particularly to arising new comparative options CO2 shipping.
* Initiate and respond in a timely manner to technical queries, MOCs and deviations from Contractors and Partners to maintain technical design integrity.
* Participate in inter-discipline technical meetings, technical audits, assurance reviews and project risk management meetings/processes.
* Support other disciplines to ensure inter-discipline design coherence and ensure proper technical interface management is maintained throughout the project cycle.
* Maintain interface with engineering personnel during design stages, collaborating with Company TA's and SME's as required.
* Engage with commercial and technical colleagues to provide development engineering insight and support.
* Support continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders to promote standardisation and enhance knowledge sharing/ retention.
* Act as role model for colleagues, coaching less experienced team members and promoting good communication and a positive work environment.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your line manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Chartered Engineer with masters or equivalent degree in an Engineering Discipline or Project Management is essential
* Ability to represent company with external organisations in the appraisal of studies
* Demonstrable experience in development engineering, building on substantial experience in relevant project and operations environments.
* Demonstrated extensive experience with project development processes, stage gates and associated regulatory requirements (OGA, BEIS, OPRED).
* Experience working with external partners and managing the interface between technical and commercial aspects.
* High level understanding of subsurface issues and uncertainties, and how development planning is impacted.
* Thorough understanding of the UKCS Regulatory, Verification and Functional Safety Assessment requirements and Management of Change (MOC) Process.
* Experience of consultancy and contractor study-management, familiarity with cost-estimating and scheduling practices, experience of working directly with external partners and organisations to deliver scopes of work.
* Awareness of broader business discipline requirements and contribution - e.g. subsurface, commercial, economics/ financial, business development, engineering disciplines, and project services
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062593.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.